As the month of June 2020 ends, There had been lessons that have been uncovered that right now, are being evaluated (since I am hardheaded and indecisive sometimes in these matters). Instead of a long statement, I’ll just make a list of what happened this past 1st half of 2020:
- Corona happened, which made the world almost go to a standstill. Even though I was fortunate that I can work at home and still work, I am kind of sad that the virus pandemic has affected a lot of people’s way of living, and might be a long term way of life from now on (even if we can find a cure, it might not be a lifetime cure so we need to be careful from now on, especially with health).
- I got extra time due to reduction of travel time to work, unfortunately I am still behind my plans. So the problem is still time management by me, due to my procrastination and perfectionism.
- I procrastinate either I am overwhelmed by my problem or situation (work or hobby related), or I find something I do as boring or uninteresting. I would love to change that mentality and instead of running away from problems, Pursue them head on.
- I have learned more about blender, but I still have to focus more on programming skills, since this is my bread and butter (even if I don’t like most of it). Maybe if I can upgrade my skills better I would like programming more.
- Hobbies are good but I am also losing focus on what to do (there are a lot) but you cannot do them even you have all the time in the world. Because it cannot be learned in a short time. So focus instead on fewer than what you decided from and let others be as needed. Though need to prioritize programming skills more.
For this I will now prioritize moving forward, programming, blender hardsurface, zbrush, drawing and anatomy. For both also, I should focus on learning by doing instead, and refer to the documentation if need help (For programming at least, some can be of exception, but for blender, zbrush and drawing, just start, maybe finish 30 days of drawing and practice everyday. use project based learning. Anatomy will need studying however).